Monday 4 July 2016

Update: 5 Years from the Beginning

Wow. 5 years ago I started my very first VLCD day (Very Low Calorie Day for the uninitiated). I'm 5 years older, 74lbs lighter (and counting) and absolutely none-the-wiser. Well, I guess that's not true... I've learned a lot about my body, my eating habit and I've learned how differently the world treats big people vs normal sized people.

In the last 5 years I have left a bad relationship, started playing a full-contact sport, started a new relationship, bought a condo, started a new job, gotten a few promotions, made a ridiculous amount of new friends and I've become infinitely more happy.

Let's be honest, you guys are just waiting for more before/after photos:



Not too shabby, I'd say... Let's see a few more!


Now that I am a moderately healthy weight of 145lbs, I am changing up my diet and exercise routine to start focusing on how to cut weight while gaining or maintaining my muscle mass. Literally NEVER thought of any of this when I was fat. It was simply "Stop eating, get skinny." right?

Now it's "Workout, track your calories, track your macros to get correct amount of protein and fat, be wary of carbs, don't stop lifting, build specific muscle for better shape etc. etc. etc."

At the end of the day, this is what I tell every single person who asks me about how I lost weight:

  • Calories in vs Calories out. 
  • You must create a deficit every week. 
  • You cannot out run your fork! 
  • You can work out like crazy but if you are still eating more calories than you're burning, you'll never lose weight.
  • Diet to look good, hit the gym to look good naked. 
  • Weight loss happens in the kitchen, shape happens in the gym.


If you strictly want to lose weight, just focus on food. When you get down to a more reasonable weight, then start hitting the gym! It doesn't have to happen all at once. I didn't start working out until I started playing Roller Derby 3 years ago after losing 45 lbs.

If you guys have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me! Life moves on after weight loss, just make sure you don't lose sight of why you lost it in the first place. Maintenance is more important than getting to eat a cheeseburger and fries again.

Good luck!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much mate, great blog! I'm starting my first round of HCG next week (after being a 'lifter' & being smashed by PCOS to gain 30kg in a few months) so I was pretty bloody stoked to read your honest blog. I've decided to blog my crusade also, as I'm built so different to you, so I can compare notes if this has the same effect on my GIANT-ASS & thighs, hahaha. Bloody great job & all the best, B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope it all goes well. Sounds like you've got the motivation to move forward!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog & you look great! On my 1st round of HCG I lost 30lbs in 30 days; I followed the diet as prescribed. I am 5'8. I started HCG started WEIGHING 218lbs & ended up at 188. As of Fri, 11/18 I am in Phase 3, I cheated a bit by having a very small piece of Carmel cake....didn't gain any weight the next day....I skipped a meal. However, I am nervous about Thanksgiving, because I want to indulge (not pig out) into the desserts. What do you expect? I still have some HCG left probably about 2 weeks of injections, should I indulge & do a mini phase 2 or just a steak day? But, then here comes Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would focus on eating zero carbs until Thanksgiving. Track your food religiously and keep your carbs under 20g per day. On Thanksgiving, enjoy yourself and focus on family but then, get right back to it the next day!

      Do the same thing until Christmas Day, indulge, and then get right back at it.

      Cheat days are a thing, carb cycling is a thing. Don't focus on the mistakes you're making, focus on making them worth it and EARNING those cheat days.

      Also, I would hit the gym HARD those days to ensure you're at least putting the carbs towards the right muscle groups.

      If you're able to, follow up these cheat days with a steak day. Don't get back on HCG until after the holidays when you know you won't be tempted to cheat until your Phase 2 is complete.

      Delete
  3. Hi there! My name is Rayzel - known online more as hcgchica with my blog- I know it’s been awhile since this post, but I came out with a special program for Phase 3 of the hCG diet this year that really really works for women - it took me 2 years to create - I am trying to spread the word about it since it’s new and wondered if you would by any chance let me send you a complimentary membership to my P3 program - if you felt like it was a good thing, it would be so so helpful if you were willing to write a post and link to it- if not no worries- just let me know if you want a membership- the main site is https://p3tolife.com and you can view my current video testimonial interviews here: https://p3tolife.com/interviews and also a long list of Text testimonials at https://P3tolife.com/customer-testimonials The program sells for $199 but again I would get you a login free. I would have emailed you privately but couldn’t find a way to do so- if you’re interested could you email me at P3tolife@gmail.com and we can talk further? I hope you are doing well! I hope you don’t mind my asking. :) Oh and I ready your comment about being terrified about becoming overweight again and I too remember for a period of time feeling like that- eventually it went away but it’s crazy how hard it can be to deal with our minds sometimes! Love, Rayzel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good write-up. I definitely appreciate this website. Continue the good work! HCG Diet

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge

    HCG Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring! Your pics are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your results with the community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you for the content, inspirational. Heres a product that helps many others lose weight and its really
    interesting! CLICK LINK NOW! http://becomingskinny.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks admin for the post, Its really a nice post and Looking for more blogs like this. Please stay updated..!

    Indian Keto Coach in Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great work, please update your blogs in future so we can read the blogs whenever I free.

    Miami wedding planner

    ReplyDelete