Saturday 25 June 2011

Preparation Cleanse - Day 2 (AKA: Whoopsie Daisy!)

Today I've been a bad bad wittle wabbit. The day started off good, had a nice breakfast of one peice of bread with some peanut butter and for lunch I had steamed veggies and multigrain pasta but then my mom came in to town. We're going shopping in the USA tomorrow so she came in early so we could hang out. We went to one of my accounts, Hidden Lounge in downtown Vancouver, and had one of the best meals EVER... also one of the baddest! It was so decadent and delicious, everything from fried buttermilk chicken with watermelon salsa and waffles to mini pizzas with pulled pork and blue cheese. So deadly. Highly recommended.

It was so good I barely even felt guilty! It's just a cleanse, right? Not the end of the world. Then we went to an art show just off of Main St. (Hipster's paradise) because my mom is an artist (http://www.artofthecoast.com/). After that we hit the downtown chinese market and once again, disaster hit. We had a little pancake thing... not too bad... and then a Hurricane potatoe.. definitely bad and to finish it all off, I had half of a lamb skewer. My mom tricked me, I didn't even think I liked lamb! But you know those asian markets, sooo greasy I could see through my stomach after!

Well, tomorrow we're off to the states so I will make sure to be extra super duper good. I am just slowly easing myself into diet mode. I was googling HCG recipes and I've discovered that SO many people totally cheat on HCG! Either by mixing veggies or just eating whatever they want as long as it's under 500 cals. That drives me crazy because then they bitch about how they didn't lose any weight and it made them lose muscle mass etc. It's giving the diet a bad name and confuses us newbies.

I'm heading to the island on Thursday for camping so I will premake all of my meals this week. I am looking forward to experimenting with some salad dressings and yummy drinks. I have never tried apple cider vinegar but damn I hope I like it!

Any recommendations on some yummy HCG recipes? Please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment