Friday 24 June 2011

Preparation Cleanse - Day 1 (AKA: Here we go!)

Last night I started the cleanse in preparation for the big diet. Took the big ass pills, drank my nasty fiber water and went to sleep. I was up like every 2 hours going pee though. Fun times. Oddly enough, the dogs slept the night through so hopefully that keeps up. Now all they've got to figure out is how to tell me they have to go potty while OUTSIDE of their crate.

This morning I took the other two big ass pills and had some nice and healthy pineapple for breakfast... I was ravenous again by 9:30am so I hit up Whole Foods for a salad. After eating that much fiber and consuming over a litre of water within 2 hours I had to find a bathroom ASAP and about every 10 minutes after that. I barely got anything done all day! I'm sure you all want to know about my "inner garden" and its movements so there you are. Lucky you!

I also bought a new food scale, a bathroom scale and checked out some recipes online. I'm looking forward to some strawberry salads, some orange chicken and many other delicious recipes some creative folks have come up with for the HCG diet! I am shocked at what people can do with only 500 calories and some Stevia. I am super nervous though because next weekend we are going camping with a bunch of friends on the island. On Thursday (load day) we are heading over to the island and camping until Sunday. Friday is also a load day so that should be awesome. S'mores, hot dogs, steak, chips etc. but then Saturday and Sunday are the first VLCD days... I think I'll have to pre-make all of my meals and just stick them in some Tupperware containers until those days. Hope I can make it! At least I'll have the support of my friends.

So, a couple of days ago I tried to go donate blood, like I do every 56 days (yay for O- blood!) and for whatever reason my pulse was too high and I couldn't donate. I went back this afternoon to go donate again but this time my iron was too low for donating! It was still in a normal range for a woman but too high to donate. I always have relatively high iron so I'm surprised by the numbers. I'm curious how the diet will affect my iron as well. My next day to donate will be August 21 which means I will be in my stabilization stage of the HCG diet. I'm very curious about what my iron will be like after it's all over. The scale I bought keeps track of your bone mass, BMI and a bunch of other stuff so it will be interesting to see what changes.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment