Tuesday 28 June 2011

Preparation Cleanse - Day 3,4 & 5 (AKA: Boring!)

Hey y'all,

As you may (unlikely) or may not (very likely) have noticed, I haven't blogged for the last couple of days. Partially because I was doing more interesting things but mostly because there is nothing interesting to say about doing a cleanse. Nothing major in my life has changed except I'm making some healthier choices and mostly avoiding sugar.

On Sunday I went shopping with my mom in the states and bought some new casual work clothes. It was a bizaar experience because I kept thinking "Will this fit if I lose 20lbs?". I truly think most of the clothes I bought will look better but I've got some cash left over for a celebratory shopping trip if it all works out.

Monday was work and nothing very interesting. I had some leafy greens and a sandwich. Boring.

Today though, I decided to go shopping and prepare my meals for the weekend. I picked up a bunch of veggies including: Radishes, spinach, cucumber and asparagus. I also grabbed some apples and orange and tried to pick out my protein. I need to eat two different forms of protein each day but the steaks at Save on More just looked too marbled so I grabbed some chicken breast and some imitation crab meat (Pollock).

When I got home I started doling out my 100g portions and MAN are they small! Except for the spinach... that's quite a few handfuls. I'll be having some yummy strawberry salads with that bad boy. The chicken literally is the size of my palm. It is so small in comparison to what I normally eat! I packed up my meals for camping this weekend in something I would normally use for only my lunch but it carries everything I eat in one day except the apple and orange. Insanity. Each of the days I am on the VCLD while camping I will be having crab meat and radish for one meal and cucumber and chicken for the other. Sounds appetizing, eh? I cooked up a bunch of the chicken and then realized I didn't get nearly enough crab meat. I'll head to the store tomorrow to get some steak. Any recommendations on some lean beef cuts?

BTW, Melba toasts are fucking tiny. Seriously. Like freakishly tiny. Like a mouse would still be starving after having 5 of those pathetic little things. Ah well... c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment