Thursday 8 September 2011

Phase 4 - Carbs Are NOT My Friend...

So I've moved on past the 3 weeks of no carb and no sugar and am now adding them slowly back in. So far... complete failure. I am still doing steak days every couple of days because seriously, carbs are evil. If I have a single piece of bread I put on like 2lbs! Fortunately the steak days knock it right off again but still! Sugar is a little easier on me as I've found that chocolate doesn't make me gain like crazy but I still have to be super duper careful. Now, I must admit that I have gained back some weight... about 3lbs. My weight stabilized a little higher than my lowest weight on the VLCD but I'm okay with that. My body is happy and so am I.

I am letting myself have some things like pudding with more sugar, mints, sugary fruits and I even had a vegan chocolate chip cookie but most of the time I am so scared to gain the weight back that I simply avoid everything that feels wrong. I no longer crave burgers, hotdogs, candy, chips or ice cream. None of it seems worth it and if I do have some I just feel guilty. This is literally the longest time I have EVER not eaten chips or popcorn. It's incredible! Even now when I think about hittin up McDonalds for a cheeseburger I instantly feel guilty and think of an apple instead.

This diet has literally changed me in so many ways. I have never gone this long without reverting back to my old ways. I see food so differently now and, as Dr. Simeon suggests, everything I eat is deliberate. I think about every morsel and hesitate before anything touches my lips. I think about the consequences, the experience and whether I feel like doing a steak day the next day before eating it. While away in Whistler with Nick this past weekend I ate some desert, I had some potatoes and I had some bread and butter. I enjoyed those things immensely but for the first time in... well.. ever, I didn't finish everything. I actually left almost half of a slice of ice cream cake on the plate and had them take it away! And I didn't even fantasize about it later that night...

The other day I bought a cherry coke from a store in Poco, do you know how hard it is to find cherry coke in Canada?? I loooove cherry coke but I only drank half of it, then poured the rest down the sink. I enjoyed the flavour, enjoyed the opportunity but did not feel the need to over indulge. I do, on the other hand, over indulge in almonds and pepperoni and sugar free pudding but feel no guilt. I've changed my eating habits and I couldn't be prouder!


Now, the next hurdle will be doing a second round of the VLCD with the HCG again next month. I am going to hate it and it will be harder to avoid the new foods I'm enjoying but I've still got lots of pounds to lose! Also, I'm going for a physical with my doctor next week and he has agreed to watch me throughout my next round to make sure it is not hurting me in any way. I'm looking forward to the next round and dreading it all at the same time. I am truly looking forward to my loading days though because then I can eat what I want for two days without any guilt. Hell, I'm even planning my meals for those two days! So far the list includes ice cream, Indian food, McDonald's and cup cakes... not all together but I'm sure that wouldn't be too bad either. Hmmm....

Oh! And one more thing! I have a friend of mine who decided to try the HCG diet after seeing my success, she has been on it for 17 days and has already lost 13lbs! She even had one little cheat (cottage cheese of all things) which set her back by 2lbs and 2 days but is still on the track to losing mega pounds. I wasn't just a fluke!! Yipee! Also, she uses a lot of moisturizers etc. every day and has found that on days when she doesn't use the moisturizer she does lose more lbs but she will still lose regardless, that gives you dry skin folks hope to succeed on this totally bonkers insane diet too!

No comments:

Post a Comment