Saturday 2 July 2011

VLCD Day #1 (AKA: So Hungry... Soooooo Hungry!)

Today is my first VLCD day. I woke up and drank a bottle of water and we got all of our camp gear into the car. My tummy was growling like a mad dog around 10:30am so I started eating my apple... Which promptly got dropped on the ground. A quick trip to the market awarded me another apple.

At about 12p I devoured the rest if my meal and a ton more water. The chicken was delicious and the cucumber was very crunchy. I actually kind of like the Melba toast! Not as dry and gross as I had expected.

I am still very hungry and have had a wicked headache since about 9am but it could be the lack of sleep as well as the lack of food. Grumble grumble grumble. I've also been peeing like a racehorse all day! Had an iced coffee but that wasn't very good without a pump of sugar free vanilla and milk. On the ferry I had an iced tea sweetened with Stevia and that was delicious. I also would randomly sniff my fiancee's food which was kind of satisfying. Almost as if I was eating it! Okay... Maybe not but, dammit, that's what I'm telling myself!!

Dinner came quickly and I had my little steak & Melba toast, radishes and an orange. It was okay but I still have cravings. I keep reminding myself I'm on a diet. I've already thought about cooking chicken skewers for dinner tomorrow, having some melba toast and cheese and making a PB sandwich. This is going to be harder than I thought!

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment