Wednesday 13 July 2011

VLCD Day #12: -1.2 (AKA: So Close I Can Taste It...)

Down another 1.2lbs today! Only 0.9lbs away from my next goal of 15lbs. I wore my belt today and had to take it in two extra notches then I had when I bought it. Love to see those little things! Really wish I had taken measurements though before starting. Then I'd have a better idea of where I'm losing it all. I'll definitely take them before my second round though a couple of months from now.

Today was pretty normal except I didn't drink nearly as much as I should have. I had a couple glasses of tea, a 500ml bottle of water and three glasses before I sat down to write this. Really should be drinking much more than that but I was on the road all day today heading to Whistler and back. I did go for a short walk though and did 10mins of cardio on my elliptical. Hopefully that will help for tomorrow.

Today marks exactly one month until the end of the VLCD. It will be over on August 13 and then I will be starting Phase 3: No carb, No sugar. I am so excited for that portion and I've been looking at all of the things I'll be able to eat! Although I am SHOCKED at how many things have sugar in it!! Did you know that flavoured deli meat chicken has powdered sugar as it's like.. third ingredient? Powdered fucking sugar. WTF? It was mediterranean flavour for goodness sakes! Just toss some greek spices on it and you're good to go! But no, apparently there was a need for powdered sugar. Go figure.

Either way, lots of other good stuff that I definitely cannot have now. I love chips and popcorn which are both no nos but apparently pork rinds are okay. Who woulda thunk it? Plain and BBQ flavour is what the book says. I'll be doing all of my shopping at Whole Foods so I'll have a better choice of healthy crap.

Can't wait to taste the glory of peanut butter again... or basically any flavour besides mustard and apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment