Saturday 16 July 2011

VLCD Day #15: -0.8 (AKA: 15 Days Down, 25 to Go...)

I've lost just over 16lbs and I haven't really been able to notice yet. My clothes fit a bit better but nothing spectacular. I googled why I wouldn't have noticed the difference and the site I read said that when you lose the first bit of weight it is taken incrementally from the entire body so it's difficult to notice. They also said that after the first 15 or 20lbs it will start focusing on smaller areas, like your stomach or your legs and will be noticed easier. I'm looking forward to that portion of the loss!

I am also looking forward to getting through Phase 3, making my way through the 6 weeks of non-dieting and then starting a second round to lose the remaining weight I will have. I am pretty happy with this diet so far and am excited to get down to a normal weight and start living a cleaner, healthier life. This diet has helped me realize that I eat when I'm bored, I eat without thinking, I eat because something tastes good but never simply because I'm hungry. Kind of a crazy revelation for me! This has helped me get a major grip on my cravings and helping me realize how many times a day I think "Oh, one little burger won't hurt. One little candy won't hurt. One extra sandwich won't hurt..." because when you add all of those "one littles" it really starts to affect you.

I haven't felt much hunger over the last few days. If I get hungry I just eat something. I don't feel like I have to eat all of my meal calories in one sitting so I'll just nibble here and there. It's pretty great! I have been getting wicked heartburn almost every night so I leave my apple to the end which takes it away pretty efficiently. I've also been drinking more and more water. I get thirsty very easily now if I don't have water within a half hour or so.

I'm trying to drink 3 litres of water each day. So far I'm at 2 litres today but I'll make sure to finish the 3rd tonight. I also made some chicken burgers for dinner today, not too shabby! I love the burger style because it feels like cheating and no matter how long they're in the fridge they won't dry out whereas the steak and chicken non-grounded does.

I'm having balsamic vinegar today as a test. If I still lose tomorrow then I'll know that balsamic is okay for me which will be soooo awesome for my salads. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment