Tuesday 5 July 2011

VLCD Day #4: -1.8lbs (AKA: Hunger? Huuuunger? Where aaaare you?)

Woohoo! Another 1.8 lbs down!! This is the best diet ever! The hunger is completely gone now. I didn't feel hungry at all today!! Hell, I didn't even finish my orange for lunch. It's 7:45pm and my yummy looking dinner is sitting beside me as I write this and I'm not even tempted. This is a very bizaar feeling. To think about what I've eaten all day and then realize I'm not hungry and I'm not craving anything. So weird! The way my cravings have been working is if I see something in front of me that I like I will think about having it and then remember the diet and walk away. Fortunately, none of it is impulse grabs like a bowl of candy or anything, I actually would have to prepare it, like chocolate milk. I just feel so guilty when I think about eating anything that isn't allowed. My brain says "Oh come on, just one bite won't hurt!" and then everything in me tells it to shut up and that I will ruin everything.

One thing I especially like is that I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I'm not hungry, I'm enjoying the meals, it's insanely simple and there's not a lot to remember because I premade everything! It's brilliant. Today I picked up some extra lean ground beef and made some burgers and I also seperated my shrimp into 100g. Roughly 10 shrimp = 100g which is pretty impressive! More than enough.

Speaking of food, I thought I would show you all my deeeelicious dinner tonight! I had BBQ shrimp (put some peri peri sauce on it, it has no sugar or fat or carbs etc. so I'm hoping it's HCG safe!), asparagus with garlic, salt and lemon juice, strawberries and my little bitty Melba toast. Looks good, don't it? Tastes even better! I don't feel like I'm missing out at all. Did I mention how much I love this diet?



Yesterday I bought myself a present to celebrate my first 5lbs. It is a necklace made by a local designer that says:

 "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail"

I love that question. What would try to do if you knew you wouldn't fail? Would you apply for a better job? Would you go back to school? Would you run a marathon? I felt like this question represented my weight loss very well. I think that the idea of failing has stopped me for a long time. I was afraid of telling people I was trying to lose weight in fear that I would give up, like I often did. I would attempt to change my lifestyle so I could live healthier and longer as well as look better. Hell, I'm attempting to do that right now and there is no reason I should fail!

 I'll get myself something else when I hit 15lbs which should be any day now at this rate. I'm thinking it will be a nice leather purse or something.

Anyhow, I'm off to take the dogs for a walk. Wish me luck for tomorrow morning! I love waking up and hitting the scale. Best part of my day to see the number go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment