Sunday 10 July 2011

VLCD Day #9: -1.1 (AKA: 10lbs lost in 9 days!! Woohoo!)

10 lbs gone!!! 10lbs have left my body in only 9 days! I can't see the change yet but hopefully it will start being noticeable soon, I can't wait for some of my determination to make a difference! I am so thrilled that I got back on track.

Yesterday there were absolutely no cheats and I drank lots and lots of tea. I think that really helps. I had another dirty dream last night... I ate a mini-cupcake that my friend Andrea made. She makes the best cupcakes in the world and I dreamed I had a chocolate one with pink icing... it was amazing... in my dream. I'm starting to enjoy the weird food dreams because then it feels like I'm not depriving myself. Somewhere in my mind I have eaten a cupcake, a sandwich and some chips. Yummmm. Andrea, please make me a batch of mini-chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing for when this is all over and I can eat some sugar and starch... should be about two months from now. Dammit.

It's kind of daunting sometimes when I think about how much longer I have to do this. I have my 4yr anniversary with Nick coming up on August 3 and I realized that we won't be able to celebrate with a nice dinner like we usually do and it's still almost a whole month away! Nevermind the fact that I will still be on the VLCD for another 10 days after the anniversary. It seems like I've been doing this forever when really I'm not even a quarter of the way through. Scary, eh? Fortunately, the eating choices are so easy at least I don't have to think too much about the food I'm eating it's just making sure I don't eat the food I'm not supposed to.

We went to look at furniture the other day and they had cookies and iced tea out for everyone, I went to reach for one and then realized what I was doing. It was like my hand had a mind of it's own! The first thing I always think when something like that happens is "One won't hurt!" but then I remember the HCG and I stop myself. I think this diet will be good for my willpower. Saying "one won't hurt" about every little thing I come across will eventually hurt big time. This should condition me to be able to say no to myself and control my portions better. Even if this diet is completely insane it should teach me some excellent life lessons down the road.

I had pickles again today but I didn't have my fruit and drank four cups of tea, so far. I am hoping that will flush out the sodium. I also learned what my slow down may have been from! Apparently, sunburns make you retain water!! I had no idea! I chose a small amount of sunblock and ended up getting a slight burn, looks like it wouldn't have matter if I used the block or not. C'est la vie, right? I'll be avoiding the sun for the most part from now on. Feels good to know what the issue was though, I was getting worried that it wasn't working on me anymore.

Let's hope I make it to 15lbs soon, I'd love to be able to say 15lbs lost in 15 days! Even better if I could say 40lbs lost in 40 days so here's hoping! I'll be happy with 15 or 20 though and I'll do the HCG diet again if I come out of this healthy and happy. So far so good.

Can't wait for the weigh in tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment