Sunday 3 July 2011

VLCD Day #2: -3.6lbs (AKA: HOLY SH!T! This insane diet actually works!!)

8:30am: Hello, yes it is 8:30am so clearly I am not blogging about how my second day went yet but I just want to update you on my weight this morning. Since yesterday morning I have dropped 3.6lbs!!!!!! Isn't that insane?? I put on about 2lbs during the loading phase which made up for the weight I lost on the cleanse so loading really just brought me back to my starting point before the cleanse. This 3.6lbs is an actual difference!!! So fucking sweet. I'm in heaven... Iiiiii'm in heaven.

I totally thought I screwed myself yesterday because I had my fiance's pickle slices while we were on the ferry which are technically cucumber but with more spices, right? But then I googled pickling processes and apparently some of them add sugar! I thought I would gain weight this morning. So far so good! I'll assume that White Spot doesn't use sugar.

Already a little hungry though... I'll let you know how day 2 goes tonight.
_____________________________________________________________________

5:17pm: So I just finished my dinner of steak, cucumber and Melba toast. Yum yum! I really love the chicken I've had for lunch, the steak is a little chewy unfortunately. The hunger has decreased considerably since yesterday. I was hungry this morning but my apple took care of that around 10:30am, I slowly ate bits of my lunch throughout the next couple of hours and then just finished dinner now. Coffee and tea definitely help with the hunger pangs.

I've noticed that I have very little true cravings so far. I will drive by something or see an ad for a place I like and briefly consider stopping to have a bite and then I remember and it goes away completely. So far so good but it's only my second day of avoidance. Weight loss is a huge motivator so lets hope the cravings stay away and the fat melts away. I think tomorrow when I'm working will be the hardest.

I made Nick dinner tonight, he had grilled burgers and potatoes. Nice and smokey off of the BBQ with lots of salt and butter and while, yes, I wanted one; it was very easy to avoid. I was more concerned about not letting my skin touch any of the food in case it sucked up any of the grease and fats. I was using tongs in place of my hands, channelling Edward Scissor Hands except instead of cutting hair and creating topiary; I was making a cheese burger. Whatever, it was still art. Folly Tong Hands, that's my name!

I found some Vanilla Creme stevia at the grocery store last week so I've been getting my iced americanos and instead of getting two pumps of sugar free vanilla, I just add a couple drops of the stevia and it's good to go! Very delicious. I don't even need to add any extra sugar since the stevia adds the vanilla and the sweetness. Highly recommended. I think I'll pick up the chocolate raspberry flavour next time so it will be like having a mocha.

So far this is probably the easiest diet I've ever been on. The meals are crazy easy to make and the shot each morning really puts me in that "this is serious" mind set. I find that when I am on a less restrictive diet I take many more risks and am constantly saying to myself "Oh, one little fry won't make a difference!" but because of the HCG and the injections I am insanely paranoid about what goes in my body. For years I would just mindlessly eat whatever was in front of me or whatever I wanted. This diet is causing me to be very deliberate when I eat or when I touch things. Everything is deliberate. I read the ingredients and nutritional info on everything and am so careful of even what I'm using as soap or face wash or what spices I'm using. It's totally new for me so hopefully this will help me when I move on to Phase 3 and eventually Phase 4 to be more aware of what I'm putting in my body and how it changes me or makes me feel.

I'm enjoying the diet so far and I am slightly enjoying denying myself of the yummy things in a masochistic kind of way. Let's see how long that lasts, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment